Guelph, Ontario, Canada – March – June, 2018
Program designed by Sat Dharam Kaur, ND
This course is for individuals seeking to develop healthy habits and overcome addictive behavious, for health professionals and yoga teachers who work with addiction and Kundalini Yoga teachers who would like to teach a yoga based addiction recovery program.
Ignatius Jesuit Centre, 5420 Highway 6N, Guelph, Ontario
March 16-18, April 7-8, May 12-13, June 9-10, 2018
with weekly support classes and check-ins available between the scheduled weekends.
What you will learn
• Kundalini Yoga and meditation to rejuvenate body, mind and spirit
• Utilize yogic techniques to decrease cravings
• Restore the nervous system, brain, frontal lobe and adrenal glands with yoga and naturopathic therapies
• Access your spiritual centre and learn to rely on your Higher Self
• Develop neutrality and clear subconscious patterns
• Manage your reactions to people and events
• Enhance communication and relationship skills
• Make a healthy shift in perspective and attitude
The course consists of sixteen modules, each including a theme and affirmation, group discussion and exercises, and home practice program. Access to Dr Gabor Maté teaching videos and other online resources are included with this course.
Contact Daya Kaur at www.dayakaur.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
Location, Dates, Hours
Location: Ignatius Jesuit Centre, 5420 Hwy 6N, Guelph, Ontario
Registration is Open
Deposit: $700 + hst
Early Registration by January 31st $1400 + hst
Regular course fee February 1st $1600 + hst
Info Session Special $1200 + hst submitted prior to January 20th
Some subsidies/work exchanges are available for those in need. Please request a subsidy form.
To Register – Payment Options: Etransfers to: email@example.com PayPal/Visa/Mastercard at www.DayaKaur.com Cheques payable to Y. Kaiser, 1102-600 Rexdale Blvd, Toronto, M9W6T4
For more information please call Daya Kaur – 416 674 7083
Cancellation Policy: There are a certain number of spots available for each program. Once the program has begun, there are no refunds. If you withdraw two weeks or more before the course begins, a $200 cancellation fee will be charged and the rest of your payment will be refunded. If you withdraw during the 14 days before the program begins, or after the program begins, no money will be refunded.
Overview of Content of the Sixteen Module Program
Module One: I am a Spiritual Being Having a Human Experience.
- identify events and emotional climate that fuel your addiction
- identify what the addictive behaviour or substance is doing for you
- recognize the attachment we have to our “story”, and how to disentangle
- breathing exercises to facilitate left/right brain integration and to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- yoga to develop flexibility in the spine, energize the chakras
- meditation to link the finite self to the Infinite Self
- simple techniques for cleansing the colon.
Module Two: I Live by My Values and Develop My Virtues.
- choose the values and virtues one wants to live by
- understand the causes and effects of stress and how to manage them
- yoga to develop the frontal lobe of the brain to decrease addictive behaviour
- breathing techniques to balance the glands, energize and detoxify
- meditation to break unhealthy habit patterns
- guidelines for establishing healthy bowel flora
Module Three: I Practice a Yogic Lifestyle to Free Me from My Past and Access Wisdom.
- discussion of True Identity vs False Identity/Mask
- techniques to release the past, open to the future
- yoga exercises to strengthen the nervous system, kidneys, release fear, and induce relaxation
- meditation to break addictive patterns and remove painful memories
- simple techniques for cleansing and rejuvenating the kidneys
Module Four: Act, Don’t React: I Take Control Over My Reactions to People and Events
- develop one’s neutral mind to act consciously, rather than react habitually
- train the mind to serve the soul through yoga and meditation
- track the arising of thoughts, feelings, emotions, and desires and develop the ability to witness them
- breathing practice to decrease anger, develop calmness and detoxify
- yoga to balance the hemispheres of the brain and eliminate subconscious memories
- meditation to develop emotional balance and to stop unwanted thought patterns
- simple dietary and supplement suggestions to detoxify and regenerate the liver
Module Five: Happiness is My Birthright. I Clear My Subconscious to Become Neutral.
- importance of commitment, discipline and service for lasting happiness
- breathing meditation to develop neutrality, inner knowing
- yoga for expanding and cleansing the lungs and developing a strong magnetic field meditations to dispel inner anger
- meditation to invite healing
- cleansing practices, foods and herbs for the lungs. Guidelines for smoking cessation.
Module Six: I Communicate from My True Self
- develop awareness and conscious communication
- communicate from your Original Self and deliver to the heart centre of another
- access one’s creativity and manifest it in the world
- meditations for effective communication, for thinking before you speak
- yoga to develop intuition, improve communication, circulate the lymph
- cleansing practices, herbs and homeopathic formulas for the lymphatic system
Module Seven: I Create My Habits; My Habits Create Me. I Promote Habits that Serve My Divinity
- understand habits; how they are formed; how they are broken
- create an inventory of one’s healthy and unhealthy habits
- use group support to maintain healthy habits
- guidelines for a diet for recovery and detoxification
- how to get up in the morning; how best to go to sleep
- examine our projection – how we present ourselves to the world
- breathing exercise to regulate biological rhythms. Yoga for detoxification
- guidelines for improving digestion and optimizing function of the stomach and pancreas
Module Eight: I Choose Dharma Over Karma.
- understand practically the concepts of dharma and karma
- the power of choice – to align with one’s higher self rather than act unconsciously exercise free will and our “free won’t” – develop the capacity to say “no”
- meditations to rise above karma and connect with an infinite source of energy
- yoga for the immune system
- cleansing foods, herbs and homeopathic formulas for the spleen
Module Nine: I Replace Addiction with Reliance on the Self (God Within). I Compassionately Re-parent Myself.
- addictions as displaced spiritual longing
- definition and components of Self-Reliance
- ways we can re-parent ourselves in a healthy manner; recognition and acknowledgement of co-dependent behaviour patterns
- meditations for inner assessment and self-control
- yoga for developing intuition, strength and Self-Reliance
- cleansing foods, juices and lifestyle practices for the skin
Module Ten: In Shifting My Perspective on the Past, I Embrace the Present
- identify ones values, gifts, talents
- revisit our history and see its role in developing our values, skills, talents
- retell our stories from a different perspective to gain a new interpretation of our past use the gifts, talents, lessons learned from the past effectively in the present
- breathing exercises for self-renewal and for the parasympathetic nervous system
- yoga for the nervous system, glandular system and to synchronize and balance the brain
- meditations to create contentment, conquer one’s imagined disabilities, make the impossible possible
- foods, herbs, nutrients and lifestyle practices to strengthen the nervous system.
Module Eleven: I Change My Attitude into a State of Gratitude
- develop an attitude of gratitude – how can we practice this daily
- define four aspects of the possible human, and move towards manifesting them
- breathing exercises and yoga to strengthen the nervous system
- meditations to recognize one’s Infinite Self and creativity
Module Twelve: I Am Responsible and Accountable to MySelf, I am Responsible and Accountable to Others
- track the ways you spend your time. Allocate time to areas that have been neglected, such as family, creativity, intellectual pursuits
- identify others in our lives (known and unknown) to whom we are responsible, and what we can do for them
- who are the people we want to spend time with who support our authentic identity?
- strategies to build conscious community
- breathing and yoga exercises to cleanse the blood, improve mental outlook, and for self-cleansing and disease prevention
- yoga to combat depression and synchronize the brain
- foods, herbs and lifestyle practices to cleanse the blood
Module Thirteen: I Forgive Myself and Those Who Have Hurt Me; I Acknowledge My Errors in Hurting Others
- the power of prayer, types of prayer. Develop the habit of heartfelt prayer
- exercises in forgiveness – of God, oneself, and others.
- breathing exercises and yoga to strengthen the aura – the protective intuitive shield that surrounds our body and composes our electromagnetic field
- meditations to perfect the power of prayer
Module Fourteen: I am Born with a Mission and a Magnitude. I Co-Create My Future with God
- develop the ability to listen to inner guidance, have the courage and discipline to obey, and fulfill the promise of our unique destiny
- breathing exercises and meditations to help align our will with Divine Will
- yoga for balancing the glands, and awakening the 5th, 6th and 7th chakras
- understand the link between intuition, awareness and the health of the pituitary and pineal glands
Module Fifteen: As I Keep Up, I’ll Be Kept Up
- connect with your inner teacher and sacred sounds
- use sacred sounds and prayer to retune or redirect the mind
- examine attitudes and symptoms that signal relapse
- establish a list of personal warning signs that can be recognized in advance to prevent relapse
- meditations to overcome obstacles, avoid fate and to bless others
- yoga for improved flexibility of the spine, and for the navel chakra
- meditations to open the higher centers.
- give careful consideration to thoughts and words
Module Sixteen: In Serving Others I Serve Myself and God
- healing through selfless service
- recognize that the other person is also you
- develop an awareness of others and a desire to assist them, rather than excessive self-absorption
- tool kit for relapse prevention and recovery success
- meditations to enter an ecstatic state, to bless ourselves and elevate others
- yoga for inner strength and to develop the power to sacrifice. Dedication of our actions to our higher self, God, or others, without thought of reward
For more information: www.beyondaddiction.ca